DocbookMD features allow for the convenience of mobile communication and the confidence of a HIPAA-secure solution.
- Access up-to-date phone, fax and address information for colleagues in your organization or region from your mobile device.
- Quickly search for a physician by last or first name, specialty or affiliation.
- DocbookMD partners exclusively with medical societies to constantly update physician information in our directory.
- View a photo and get detailed information for colleagues, including up-to-date phone, fax and address information, specialties and affiliations.
- Contact colleagues directly and invite other physicians to join DocbookMD from their profile page.
- Physician profile information is provided exclusively to DocbookMD from medical societies so it is always up-to-date.
- Send and receive HIPAA-secure text messages and images, including X-rays, EKG’s and other critical patient images instantly via DocbookMD.
- A custom alert sound to indicate a new DocbookMD message on your device.
- Displays message read times from within Sent box.
- Exchange X-rays, EKGs and other critical patient images with your colleagues.
Communicate with Your Care Team
- Invite nurses, PAs, and other office staff to join you on DocbookMD with the CareTeam feature.
- Physicians can use DocbookMD to coordinate care across any type of practice setting-even without an EMR.
Assign Message Urgency
- Set a 5 or 30-minute priority for messages that require an immediate response.
- Send customizable alerts to signify high-priority messages. Notifications for unread messages.
- Find and search for pharmacies near you and your patients. Find phone numbers, fax numbers, addresses and maps.
- Easily forward messages to your DocbookMD colleagues.
Answering Service Integration
- DocbookMD partners with answering services nation-wide so physicians are able to receive answering service messages via the DocbookMD app.
- To see if your answering service integrates with DocbookMD email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Messages are grouped by conversation for easier reference.
- Designate "Favorites" for frequently contacted colleagues; they remain at the top of your directory for your iOS device.
- Also, you can favorite pharmacies, specialties and CareTeam members too.
- Quickly find physicians in your local area through pre-selected regions.
DocbookMD is available on up to two mobile devices per account (ex. iPhone and iPad) and on any PC.
- Search for physician by name, affiliated facilities where they have privileges, or groups where they hold membership. Also search for pharmacies near you or your patient.
How is DocbookMD HIPAA-secure?
In order for a mobile app to say it is HIPAA-secure, it must meet four major security criteria.
There must be a termination procedure where Protected Health Information (PHI) may be rapidly removed from the device or access to PHI is quickly terminated. DocbookMD has the ability to remotely shut down access to the app and any data containing PHI if loss or theft of a device is reported.
Access to the device containing PHI must be limited. DocbookMD strongly encourages physicians to keep their devices safe and password protect their phones and tablets. PIN lock available for app.
PHI must be encrypted to the highest encryption standards available. Secure encryption must be tested on an on-going basis. DocbookMD uses 256 bit encryption for all PHI on the device, server and during transmission.
Any device that contains PHI must have a back-up and recovery procedure. DocbookMD has data back-up procedures and a disaster recovery plan in the event of loss of device or PHI. Our servers also have these systems and emergency recovery procedures in place so no PHI is ever stored on your device.