Sfax for Mobile Devices
The Sfax mobile application (available from the Apple Store) includes the ability to fax from anywhere at any time from your iOS device (iPhone or iPad). In addition to sending faxes, the application will allow you to view and organize received faxes, print faxes, add/view notes, access the Document Library and more. .
Sfax Integration with Citrix ShareFile for Healthcare
ShareFile is the solution of choice for doctors, dentists, clinics, hospitals and other healthcare providers who need file sharing and management. If you work in healthcare you know that faxing is still an integral part of daily operations. But faxing protected health information via the traditional machine can open you up to a compliance violation. With the new Sfax integration you can choose a HIPAA secure, cloud-based fax service to deliver your documents safely and securely. Learn more about the integration.
Sfax Survey Says
We recently sent out a survey to get your feedback on Sfax. Thank you again to those that participated. Many of you mentioned that you wanted the ability to search for contacts on the Compose Fax screen so you didn’t have to scroll through all contacts to locate a particular one. The field highlighted below will allow you to search for existing contacts or enter a fax number that is not a saved contact.
Another feature that was mentioned many times was our “Remember Me” option upon login. For security reasons that feature must be enabled before you are able to use it. To enable this feature view this article.
When we released this version of Sfax, the search was limited to the selected folder of your fax number. We’ve enhanced the search criteria and now allow you to include all sub-folders if searching within the inbox and the ability to include sent and failed faxes within one search.
Resellers can edit account numbers
When creating a new organization, resellers now have the ability to set the account number for their customer. If no account number is specified, Sfax will set one for you. Account numbers can be edited at any time.
Sfax for Web
Introducing Sfax 4.0
The updates include:
- New user interface – Read more about the color change here.
- Improved sort features within folders – Sorting is unique within each folder.
- General bug fixes
- 2-factor verification can be enabled across all platforms (Sfax for Web, Windows, and mobile)
- Ability to cancel faxes in your Outbox
Sfax for Windows
A new version of Sfax for Windows (printer driver) can be downloaded here. You told us what you wanted and most of the updates below are in direct response to those requests.
- You are in control! When we launched Sfax for Windows with the print driver for Version 3 we thought you’d like us to auto-save your documents if you closed after printing the document to the Sfax driver, but that wasn’t always the case. Now when you close the driver, we’ll give you the option to ‘Save’ or ‘Discard’. It’s totally in your control; the way it should be.
- Who’s logged in? We now display the username so there is never a doubt about who is logged in.
- Help getting started. Occasionally your new users may need a little extra help getting started so we’ve added support articles and videos to the sign-in screen.
- Colors! We’ve updated the app to be in line with the web app.
- No shortcuts. Some new users have been confused because the shortcut that is installed on the desktop prompts them to log in instead of printing to the driver first to get started. To resolve this, we eliminated the shortcut.
- We’ll handle it. Our new installer includes auto-updates, so you don’t have to worry about checking the website to make sure you have the latest version.
- Printing large files.. We fixed a bug that was preventing users on certain systems from printing files over 100 pages to the driver.
- Annotating rotated documents. To ensure that annotations display in the correct positions, fax pages that have been rotated cannot be annotated.
- Preview our latest version here.
Visit our Help desk to view documentation and watch video tutorials.
Stay tuned for more information. If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Account Management team at 877-493-1015 or Contact Us
- When you send a fax to multiple recipients you will now see a separate entry for each recipient in the outbox. Before, faxes to multiple recipients only created one entry so you could not get individual status information.
- You can now see the fax image in the out box. Before, when faxes were sending you could not see the actual image.
- You can now see the status of each fax in the outbox as it is being sent so you’ll know if it’s waiting for a retry, how many attempts have already been made, etc.
- You can now see the results of each attempt (we retry up to 6 times) by clicking on the blue “i” icon from the Outbox, Failed or Sent folders.
- Faxes sent through Sfax for Windows using the print driver now show all of the same information that faxes sent through the website show, so you can tell who the fax is being sent to, etc.
- We’ve added a note to activation emails letting your users know that they have 72 hours to activate their user account.
- Users can now choose to use their own “user”phone number instead of the Account phone number on their cover pages. Account admins can make this change for them, or Account admins can give the permission to individual users to manage it themselves.
The new Sfax mobile viewer is now available on the App Store.
This new version has improved viewer quality with pinch and zoom functionality.
You can also attach notes to documents, which are also tracked in an audit trail for HIPAA compliance. In order to maintain compliance, users will not be able to download or store fax files to their device, but can send and view incoming faxes through the mobile app, while the actual files remain on a secure server in the Sfax Cloud./p>
The Sfax mobile viewer gives you a new UI with improved performance, stability and security.
From Account Summary
Account Admins can now set account level password requirements such as:
- Password strength (3 options)
- Forced password resets (one time or after a length of time)
- Prevent re-use of passwords for a length of time
- Lock account after multiple failed login attempts
IP Safe Lists
Add a single IP address or a range and we’ll fail any login attempt outside of those entered.
For API Customers
Account Administrators with the permission to manage API credentials now have the option to receive Fax Callbacks for faxes that have been received or completed outbound. If you do not have this permission and would like to have it, please contact support. You will need to be an Account Admin.
Account administrators can now instantly activate users instead of sending an email to the user to activate. From the New User screen you will just click “Activate now” and then a pop up window will enable you to enter the user’s password. You can also go back and click an “Activate” button from the Manage User screen if a user has been added but not yet activated.
Username rules have been updated to be consistent across all Add/edit user methods, such as signup, Account admin created and System admin created. As a refresher: Username rules: 6 or more characters, no spaces or special characters other than _ – @ . (underscore, dash, at-sign, period). Password rules: 8 or more characters.
Adding fax number
When an admin clicks on the ‘Add new fax number’ icon on the web portal, you will be prompted to click ‘Next,’ and you will be presented with an email to Customer Support will ask you for your account credentials and how many fax lines you are requesting.
A new sub-org will default to the parent org’s time zone and industry sector; however the admin can choose to change these default settings.
Email address now allows “+” sign.
See Additional Add user info under “API stuff” section below, related only to API users.
The link to support from the app has been updated to https://www.scrypt.com.
When adding a document from the document library as part of the compose process you can now use the search field.
Account administrators with the “Manage Web API permissions” will now be able to generate their own API credentials. You will need to be granted this permission by support.
API customers will now be able to pass optional parameters to override the info that is populated onto the cover pages for: From name, From phone, and Time Zone.